Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The recession has hit everyone

I thought I had seen it all, but I was wrong.
Today, I was standing in line at Hobby Lobby wondering why they did not have another checker to help with the long line, I saw a sad sight. First the store manager, then a woman in her 70's in handcuffs followed by a uniformed police officer.
That my friends, is when we know the recession has hit. Come on, Hobby Lobby has great weekly sales, honors competitors coupons and is closed on Sunday. Why steal from them?
I wonder what she was stealing? Yarn, needles, paint supplies, frames, wedding bubbles, cake decorating stuff, shadow box materials, scrapbooking stuff, puff paint.

2 comments:

jenifriend said...

i just ventured to your blog away from my google reader and come to find you've got the BEST exit on the planet as your header; that's awesome!

if 70 year old women are five finger discounting yarn then we really should be concerned about what's going on right now.

Unknown said...

that's so totally sad... what is america coming to? really...