Tuesday, October 28, 2008

810 from 10-8

I am home from my first day on the job at 810Zone. I went in at 10 a.m. and trained with another server until 230, then took a two hour break and went back at 430 til 8ish. I was very lucky that when I was walking to my car in between shifts, my mom called and was on the Plaza heading to St. Lukes to see her friend that is in the hospital for a week of intense chemo. She picked me up and I rode with her to see her friend. It was great to see her, and she looks great, much better than last time. Then, I talked my mom into going to Blanc Burger where I got an Inside Out Burger and a chocolate malt! If you have not been to Blanc Burger, you definitely need to go. All in all, it was a great break.

This evening's shift went well. I took the majority of tables on my own and no real issues. Lots of men, lots of drinking, I think I will be able to handle it. I am anxious to be finished training so I can actually keep the tips.

On a side note, I started my day at Einstein Brothers, which happens to be on my way to work. SD has told me how great the pumpkin bagel and the pumpkin cream cheese is. It did not disappoint! Try it!

I am heading to bed. Not only am I exhausted, but I am also gearing up for the weekend when we will all lose an hour of sleep due to Daylight Savings Time!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Don't we gain an hour? Fall back? Isn't this the blessed time when bars stay open an extra hour?

Unknown said...

Awww...miss those ladies nights! Miss you guys more!