Thursday, November 20, 2008

Restaurant Rants

I think this is going to be a continuous series that I will touch on whenever it moves me.
Things that annnoy me about working or dining in a restaurant:

-Messy kids and parents who don't clean up after them. Seriously people, do you let your kid dump out every sugar packet at home on your kitchen table? I doubt it.

-Kids who drink tons of pop and cause me to have to run back and forth to get them refills. Not sure about you, but back in the 80's my bro and I would get one pop before the meal came, then we would have to wait for the meal to get a refill.

-People that do not put their credit card or cash in the check presenter so the server can tell that they have paid, or are ready to pay. If more people would do this, it would eliminate a lot of awkward walk bys.

-People that ask for exorbitant amounts of ranch, mayo, sour cream or any other condiment not offered at the table and then don't use one bit of it.

-People that do not know the difference between medium rare and medium well. One is pink, one is barely pink.

-People that ask me to make their drinks extra strong and it is clear that I am serving them, not making them. Then I ask if they want a double? They said, not if they have to pay.

-People that order tons of appetizers and food, and then ask how much the pop is and if they get free refills. Then they pay with a $100, ask for their change in 1's and leave a $1 tip.

-People that leave leftovers behind, and then come back 30-60 minutes later to ask if we still have them.

I am sure there are more, but that is just a few to get me started. Good night.

1 comment:

The Matriarch said...

I like these lists....keep them coming....very funny....but I know they can be extremely annoying for the hardworking servers!!!!