Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Again...

Again, it has been quite a long time since I have posted, but I have not forgotten about my dear old blog, I have just been busy and sick...real sick.
Let's just say that last week I ended up in the KUMed ER for about 7 hours due to the pressure from my mom to get to the hospital, I think she thought I was dying. Well, I am alive, and on pain pills, but had quite an experience at the ER. First of all, you know I bleed purple, but for some reason KUMed was the closest hospital and I thought I would go back to my birthplace for some emergency care. Bad idea..
I walked in with a guy with self inflicted stab wounds. He had blood all over the front of his shirt, not gushing, just drops. He told me he tried to kill himself by stabbing himself but it hurt too bad.
Next, a lady walked in, right to the check in stand and said she did not want to see a doctor or a nurse, but all she wanted was some hydrocodone. Get in line lady..Just kidding, but that is not the way the ER works. She was incredibly upset that it was not a refill or ask a nurse podium.
The language barrier was apparent in many visits at the ER. I think KUMed would be wise to invest in a full time translator to sit in the check in area, it would save a lot of time.
I was finally treated and was there from 9 p.m. til 5 a.m. the next morning.

No comments: