Friday, October 24, 2008

Holiday Mart

I went to the Junior League Holiday Mart this evening with SG1 and her sister, SG2. SG1 is a member of Junior League and had free tickets. I have heard about this event for years, but this was my first time attending.

Some things I noticed: Lots of scarves, lots of embellished denim, lots of monogram onesies, lots of wilton/silver serving trays in any shape you could ever want, and lots of food samples.

A note on the food samples. You would think that with a life threatening pepper allergy, I would learn to be a bit careful when eating samples. Normally that is the case, but not tonight. I was making my way down the dip line with my pretzel sticks (no double dipping). I dipped into something with a definite pepper in it. I immediately pulled $2 out of my pocket and offered it to the man in the booth in exchange for a bottle of water out of the package he had. He did not take the money, and gave me the water. I downed it in 30 seconds. No allergic reaction, thank God!

Also, this evening I jumped SG1's car. SG1's man came to help us jump it, and we hooked everything up correctly. No start. SG1 called her insurance company and they sent a tow truck. We went to dinner at the Salty Iguana down the street and SG'1s man met the tow truck driver. SG1's man came back to dinner with the keys to the Jetta and the news that the tow truck driver got it jumped and started. Interesting.


Off to bed, I am planning on making a trip out west tomorrow. To the old stomping grounds. Back to relive the Glory Days, in a little place called Manhattan! Go State!

Also, I got a job today...more on that in the next post!

No comments: