Sunday, October 26, 2008

Homecoming & Skechers

I got up pretty darn early in the morning on Saturday to travel to KSU to see the Cat's get whooped. It was not all that bad, but the loss was. I headed over to SG1's house and picked her up, and her sis, SG2 and her fiance DJ. We broke up the drive by stopping at their parents new house in rural Topeka. We tried some new cinnamon rolls (marinated in vanilla ice cream), and egg strata. Both were delicious.

We then continued West on 70 to exit 313. We arrived at the stadium with 7 minutes til kickoff, so we got to see the band and some pregame. 56 points were scored in the first quarter, yep, the first quarter. We ended up leaving at halftime, the score was that bad. I am not real sure what the final score was, but I know we lost bad. The only part that makes me feel good is that KU lost worse.

While the SG's went to eat lunch with their parents, I decided to go see my bff BS. It was great to see her at Porter's. We sat and talked and caught up. I miss her!









Today was spent mowing the lawn, well, not really the lawn, but the leaves. By this evening the lawn was covered with more leaves and sticks. I give up, for a few days. Also, my roomie MG and I have decided to try to hold off til Nov 1 to turn on the heat, but I am not real sure if we will be able to do it. It is pretty darn chilly.
In other news, tomorrow I start a new job. I will be serving/bartending at on the Country Club Plaza. When I got the job I was informed that I needed to have a pair of black non-slip shoes before I can start. I did not want to delay the paychecks, so I went to Off Broadway shoes today and am ready to announce that I now own a pair of Skechers. Yes, that's right, I said it. I do promise to NEVER wear them to work out. That was one of my pet peeves when working out at the rec in college, girls wearing Skechers. I just want to shake them and tell them they are not good workout shoes.


Stay tuned for crazy stories that I know will come from dealing with the restaurant public!

2 comments:

Marie said...

I hope you like your new job! There's this girl at 24Hour Fitness who wears this to workout every single day: sweatpants pushed up to her knees, plastic flipflops, gigantic hoop earrings, and a wool snow hat. Everyday. The thing is, she's totally ripped and buff. I'm so jealous. I just think her outfit is really strange. Whatever works I guess...

Anonymous said...

You are too much..! Well, I too have a pair of Skechers.