Sunday, January 11, 2009

LOST

Tonight I a friend for dinner at Stix at the Legends before going to see a movie. I love sushi, I love Stix and each time I go I really try to overlook the poor service, well, tonight I could not overlook it. It started when we were "seated" but did not have enough chairs. Next, I ordered a salad, and my friend ordered soup, and we both ordered edamame. He had a beer from the bar, and I ordered a glass of Riesling. The salads came, my water was empty and as I was eating the edamame and working up a thirst, I realized my wine had not arrived. So, being the server I am, I stood up, went to the bar and found my glass of wine in the well and took it and stabbed the ticket. Everyone just looked at me, but I did not care, I was thirsty.
Our sushi came, it was great and our eyes were a bit larger than our stomachs. Water was refilled once during the meal, and if you know me well you know that is not nearly enough. I consume a lot of water at any meal and that is my measure of a good server.
Then came time for the check. The server brought it, and Chris put cash in, and I put my card in the slot. We both joked about how long it would take for the server to be back with the receipt for me to sign. Well, it took about ten minutes and when he was back he said, "I'm sorry, I dont have your change yet sir, and ma'am I also have misplaced your credit card. I have people looking all over for it." I tried to stay calm, but then called the manager over and let him know what happened. He said he was sorry, said he would discount the meal. That's where I interrupted him and said a discount was not acceptable, but instead he needed to comp the whole meal. He did. We went to the movie, and checked back in afterwards as the manager told us to. He informed me that they did not find the card, the server would no longer be working there (for a variety of issues, not just mine), gave me a gift card and also his business card because Stix will be paying for my new credit card to be expedited to me on Monday!
About the movie, we went to see The Broken and I had to walk out with about 25 minutes to go. It was way too scary.

3 comments:

Marie said...

That's terrible! Really, really, really awful. How could they have lost your credit card?!

It's so sad that you had to go get your own wine from the bar.

Erin said...

That is horrible! I can't believe that actually happened. wow...

K J Gillenwater said...

Are you serious? The watiress LOST your credit card? I've never heard of such a thing. More likely someone stole it, because she left it unattended next to the drinks left at the bar unserved.

My gosh!

Sorry the movie was bad...I like the scary stuff. Even when it's corny/awful/icko. Something must be wrong with me..