Thursday, January 8, 2009

Say it louder and maybe I will miraculously understand.

So, tomorrow is finally Friday. If I make it through the day, it will mean that I have survived my first week at the new job. It is much tougher than I thought it would be, but next week will be better. I have spent the whole week on the factory floor assembling product, packing kits and shipping kits. The boss wants the new sales people to be familiar with all of the products before the sales meeting next week, so this is our crash course. I have cuts all over my fingers from cardboard, and my nail polish is chipping and needs to be removed, but I am scared to remove it with nail polish remover because of the pain it will cause all of my small cuts.
Most of the workers on the factory floor are Vietnamese and do not speak a lick of English. They seem to think that if they yell or raise their voice at me, then maybe I will understand their language. It has not happened yet.
I am looking forward to the weekend!

No comments: