Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Epi Pen=Lifesaver



Today I was at MG's store helping her with some marketing stuff when we decided it was time for lunch. Our options were numerous places in the Prairie Village shops and we chose Minsky's pizza. We got cheesy breadsticks and a salad. I had only had about two total bites when I felt my tongue go numb and noticed the hives developing all over my chest and stomach. I have determined there were probably red pepper flakes in the salad or the breadsticks, not real sure. Not a fun feeling. I asked MG to get me my jacket and purse so I could get the epi pen.



I pulled it out of the package, took the guard off and stabbed myself in the right thigh through my khakis. MG was a bit queasy I think. I then stumbled around and tried to find out which hospital would be the closest. I ended up going to St. Lukes on the Plaza, but not without getting lost in Mission Hills. I hope when I own a home there, I do not get lost.

s.

The ER at St. Lukes was great entertainment, reminded me of the show ER. People everywhere. Because of HIPAA, I do not think I can talk much about it on here. But I will tell you that the highlight of my day in the ER was my awesome nurse who shall remain nameless, but she was a little person/midget and was GREAT!

2 comments:

Marie said...

Oh my gosh Lindsay. All from some pepper flakes? I'm sure chefs everywhere think "ehh..let's add a little bit of this in there to spice things up a bit.." not knowing that it could cause someone to be in the er for hours. I'm glad you're ok.

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you're okay!! I'm not allergic to any food products my an old friend was allergic to mushrooms and it turned into a bad situation one night during pizza as well...what is it with pizza??