Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is now over, and as I lay here typing this in a bit of a food coma I realize all that I have to be thankful for.
Normally our family goes out to eat on Thanksgiving, but this year we did things a bit different. We had my brother, Raven and my niece Brenna over and Raven's parents as well. We ate at home and it was very good. Of course, like any other holiday this year (4th of July my dad was bit by a copperhead) something dramatic happened. As we were all standing in the kitchen talking, my parents were attempting to get the turkey out of the oven. Somehow the aluminum pan collapsed and the turkey grease spilled into the oven causing flames to erupt from the stove. My dad singed quite a bit of his hair and eyebrows off. Luckily he is traveling to Asia tomorrow, and they probably will not notice. Other than that, there were no other injuries and the fire was put out and the turkey was saved!
Tomorrow I am planning to go to the mall for a bit to check out the Black Friday deals. Maybe get a little bit of a start on some Christmas shopping.






No comments: