Monday, December 22, 2008

Holiday Madness

I know, I do it to myself by going to the most crowded places, but it really is a lesson in manners and courtesy. For example, I went to Oak Park Mall on Saturday, it was crazy cold outside and extremely busy inside. The nerve of some people in the parking lot is nuts. Women kamikaze crossing in their cars to get to a spot that they were not in line for. Finally, SG and I split up and just said we would meet in the mall. She ended up parking at the bank not even on mall property and I parked at the furthest spot from the mall at Nordstroms.
This evening I went with a friend to help with an Adopt a Family. We went to Wal-Mart to finish out the list, and people were crazy. Bumping others with their carts, taking things from other carts, not cool. Helping my friend with the Adopt a Family and seeing the simple things on their list made me stop and appreciate all that I have and remember what the season is really about.

But, I will say that I am still seriously considering the Santa's Storage idea for next holiday season, and I will give a shout out to my step-aunt Kristin for the encouragement. We will have to take pictures of Gus, the 8 week old wheaton terrier puppy tomorrow, our first client! Who knows, he may be on the brochure, website and all of our promotional materials!

No comments: