Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"That's a Costco No No"

This evening SG and I braved the icy roads and made our way to Costco, for our second or third trip this week, but who's counting? (I'm turning into my mother who seems to go to Costco on a daily basis)
The purpose of our trip was to price out snacky foods for a Junior League event that SG has to help plan. We did that, but also had some fun and took some pictures along the way. On our last photo, which was the Baja scooter, similar to a Vespa, a man came up to us and said, "That's a Costco NoNo", so we had to put the camera away.



I would not consider myself a food critic, but I would like to criticize the fruit on the bottom right of this fruit tray. Honeydew, seriously? It's a waste. It taste like watermelon rind and is disgusting. Please leave it out of any fruit salad or tray that is ever brought to me or if anyone is planning on sending me an Edible Arrangement!

Next up, I really wish I could eat peppers because they really are pretty and colorful and it seems like there are lots of different kinds, and all sorts of recipes for them.

Last up, the most exciting item we purchased tonight. That's right, pancake/waffle batter in a spray can! We sampled it from the people in hairnets, and there were only two packages left, so we had to buy one. SG has 2 and I have 1!

1 comment:

K J Gillenwater said...

I just had to comment. If you don't like honeydew, you haven't had a good one. Unripe honeydew tastes just like you describe...watermelon rind!

But GOOD honeydew is super sweet and really really delicious!

Just had to share.

Your step-something-or-other,
Kristin