Sunday, December 21, 2008

Santa's Storage


Disclaimer: If you still believe in Santa, do not read this blog today.

I am doing a favor for a friend and her husband this week. You see, they have decided to get their daughters a puppy for Christmas. Well, Santa brings the presents for Christmas morning, so the puppy has to live somewhere before that. That is where I come in. Vic is going to get the puppy on Tuesday morning at 7 a.m. and bring it by. I tried to tell her I do not get up that early, but she seemed to think that since I am almost 30, that I should be up that early. I beg to differ. Anyway, I will be caring for Gus until Wednesday evening when we do some sort of handoff.
That brings me to my point for next year. I am thinking the roomie and I should rent out our basement and garage space, and call it Santa's Storage. A place where people can bring their gifts that they dont want their kids to find. Of course, puppies, monkeys, kitties and any other live animals will have to be cleared with one of us, and we will only take a limited number of live things for Santa's Storage.

1 comment:

K J Gillenwater said...

That is actually quite a brilliant idea. You advertise it on craiglist or something or just do word-of-mouth advertising...and voila, a new industry is born in your basement!